Fresh Free- Run Chicken and Turkey, Cage-Free Eggs, and Wild-Caught Fish.
Dogs benefit from a diet rich in protein to support lean muscle mass and promote peak conditioning.
- 42% richly nourishing protein, 85% quality animal ingredients, and a unique blend of soluble fibres nourish dogs according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- 2/3 of Fit & Trim’s meat is FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of the meat is gently dried at 90°C, creating a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, plus whole fish and cage-free eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy dogs.
Fresh chicken meat (14%), fresh cage-free eggs (6%), fresh whole herring (6%), fresh turkey meat (6%), fresh chicken liver (6%), fresh whole flounder (4%), fresh whole mackerel (4%), fresh whole Pacific hake (4%), fresh turkey liver (4%), fresh chicken heart (4%), chicken (dehydrated, 4%), turkey (dehydrated, 4%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), Alaskan pollock (dehydrated, 4%), lentil fibre, whole red lentils, whole green lentils, fresh whole green peas, fresh whole chickpeas, fresh whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, chicken cartilage (dehydrated, 1%), fresh turkey heart (1%), apple fibre, dried algae (source of DHA and EPA), pumpkin (dehydrated), butternut squash (dehydrated), carrots (dehydrated), chicken liver (freeze-dried), turkey liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole Red Delicious apples, fresh whole Bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole Saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips. ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg.
YOUR DOG IS UNIQUE
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
ORIJEN Fit & Trim provides more calories from protein and fat and fewer from carbohydrates, providing a calorie distribution that mirrors the natural diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
There are three sources of calories available to your senior dog: protein, fat and carbohydrates. While protein and fat are essential for your dog; carbohydrates are not. In fact, dogs require absolutely no carbohydrate in their diet.
Simple carbohydrates from cereal grains such as rice or corn cause blood sugar levels to elevate and fluctuate and when not used for energy, carbohydrates are quickly and easily stored in the body as fat. Indeed, excess carbohydrates are the leading dietary cause of overweight conditions in senior dogs of all breeds.
By providing more calories from protein and fat, and fewer calories from carbohydrates, ORIJEN provides a calorie distribution that mirrors your senior dog’s natural diet — promoting a long and happy life by helping reduce the risk of obesity, insulin resistance and diabetes.
Metabolizable Energy is 3860 kcal/kg (465 kcal per 250ml/120g cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 39% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruits, and 42% from fat.